Immersion has been a thorn in Sony's side for a few years now. Sony has declared that the poorly named PS3 controller, SIXAXIS, will NOT have rumble feedback. Immersion is trying get Sony to license their IP for the SIXAXIS controller, and rightfully so. I think Immersion should be super worried that they lost Sony as a potential licensee. Here's my break down.

Assuming Immersion gets about 2 percent of every rumble enabled controller sold in licensing fees and controllers cost $30. Also, using the numbers from last generations sales as well as the capabilities of the future generation, here's some interesting results.
Console
Controllers
Units Sold
Earnings

Xbox 360
4
28M
$67M

Wii
4
21M
$50M

PS3
7
106M
$445M


Granted this is a very very simplistic analysis, and I am a bit of a Sony fanboy. But I think that the results are still indicative of the trouble Immersion might be in if they don't apologize to the 900 pound gorilla in the room.

-my 2¢