KDS-50A2000

I just got my new Sony KDS-50A2000 yesterday and it is awesome. I stayed up late browsing all the new features and digital channels. As I was ogling over the manual, like it was some sort of centerfold, I noticed the Required Public Statement for GPL/LGPL Licensed Software Used in This Television. I've seen these statements before. They usually include some library for reading photos or something. But I found this list interesting:

GPL
Monta Vista Linux Kernel
busybox
insmod

LGPL
libuClibc.so
ld.so
libc.so
libm.so
libpthread.so
libgcc_s.so
libstdc++.so

So it looks like my TV actually runs an embedded Linux. That just adds more geek chic to it. Also something to note is that the service port looks like a USB port. So if watching all my favorite shows in HD wasn't enough, I could have even more fun hacking away. Although, I think I'll just enjoy the view for a while. ;-)